Technical Assistant – FACS & Imaging Core Facility
The Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing (MPI-AGE) was founded in 2008 with the aim to understand fundamental mechanisms of healthy ageing. The institute is part of a broad network of research institutions in the Cologne-Bonn area dedicated to research on ageing and age-related disease, constituting a vibrant and collaborative environment for research. Equipped with state-of-the-art technology and excellent core facilities, to which the successful candidate will have access, the institute provides outstanding research opportunities for its scientists. At the moment, we host about 270 employees from more than 30 different nations.
The FACS & Imaging Core Facility (head: Christian Kukat) provides light microscopes, cytometers and cell sorters, and histology equipment.
More information can be found on our webpage at: https://www.age.mpg.de/science/core-facilities/facs-imaging/
We are seeking a full-time (39 hours/week)
Technical Assistant (m/f/d)
FACS & Imaging Core Facility
The position is available immediately and will be time limited to 1.5 years.
• Transmitted light, fluorescence, and confocal microscopy
• Experimental assistance on various research projects in the fields of microscopy and histology
• Training and support for users of the core facility
• Calibration and maintenance of microscopes
• General lab organization and administrative tasks
• Professional training as technical assistant technical assistant (BTA, MTA, BioTA), laboratory assistant, B.Sc., B.Eng., or equivalent qualification
• The position is suited for entry-level workers and they are encouraged to apply
• Experience in cell sorting/flow cytometry is an advantage but not a requirement
• High commitment, responsibility, motivation, and a collaborative attitude
• Ability to work both independently and with a diverse group of people in a customer service-oriented environment
• Good English skills are necessary in our exciting international environment.
We offer an interesting and multifaceted position in an enthusiastic and collaborative team, located in an outstanding, international scientific environment and the possibility of regular training. The employment contract is based on contracts for the civil service (TVöD, Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst). The Max Planck Society is committed to employ more disabled individuals and especially encourages them to apply.
Are you interested?
Then please upload your complete application documents in electronic form as a single PDF file, via our online application platform/website.
Deadline for application is: 25th February 2019.
You can find our application platform at:
To apply for this job please visit www.age.mpg.de.